Update: 5th November 2018


Dear Parents / Guardians,

Over the past number of days, we have been in consultation with the Department of Education regarding the work they have been undertaking to get the ground floor of our premises operational and safe for the children’s return to school.

At this point, work has been completed in terms of stabilising the structural integrity of the ground floor however, the Board of Management were not satisfied that the internal work left the interior in a safe condition for the children’s return to school.

Members of the Board of Management, the PTA, the patron and Principal met with the Department and outlined a list of concerns that needed to be addressed before we are satisfied to reopen the school. Since this morning, the Department have been working on completing these requests, with an undertaking to satisfactorily completing them in the next day or so. At the point of this completion, the Board of Management will reassess the situation and make a decision as to whether the school is safe for reopening.

We appreciate that this is an uncertain time for parents and is causing a lot of issues however, the Board of Management’s priority is child safety and until we are fully satisfied in this regard, the school will remain closed.

Behind the scenes, the Board and the staff have been working very hard in developing and adapting our school operational procedures and strategies to ensure we are prepared for the children’s return. This has involved working with Fingal County Council and the Gardai on new traffic management plans, Hansfield ETSS on organising classrooms and the structure of our school day, Bus Eireann regarding transport, the Community Centre etc.

We will keep you updated on the situation as it develops.

Kind regards

Tim Stapleton