Further to my email earlier this week please find attached Guidelines of collecting books this coming Monday.
In order to ensure the collection is safe for parents and staff, please see the timetable below and list of procedures we would ask you to strictly follow.
Guidelines for collection of school books, 25th May 2020
|9:30 – 10:00||Junior Infants: Hannah, Shauna & Emma||The pathway outside of the main entrance door of the school.|
|9:30 – 10:00||Senior Infants: Paul, Ciara & Labhaoise||The pathway outside of the side entrance door of the school beside Little Stars|
|10:30 – 11:00||1st Class: Sharon, Mallorie & Elaine||The pathway outside of the main entrance door of the school.|
|10:30 – 11:00||2nd Class: Aisleen, Kathryn & Naomi||The pathway outside of the side entrance door of the school beside Little Stars|
|11:30 – 12:00||3rd Class: Shane, Louise & Niamh C||The pathway outside of the main entrance door of the school.|
|11:30 – 12:00||4th Class: Jodie, Jean & Seán||The pathway outside of the side entrance door of the school beside Little Stars|
|12:30 – 13:00||5th Class: Karen, Denis & Mary||The pathway outside of the main entrance door of the school.|
|12:30 – 13:00||6th Class: Niamh B, Gerry & Seamus||The pathway outside of the side entrance door of the school beside Little Stars|
Entrance & Exit to the campus
- Entrance through the pedestrian gate
- Exit through the vehicle gate next to the pedestrian entrance
General guidelines for everyone’s safety
- Only one family member (adult) per household should collect books. We need to keep the numbers entering the campus as small as possible.
- Please park off campus as the gates will not be accessible by vehicles.
- Please queue up keeping social distancing in mind and remain at least 2 metres between yourself and others at all times.
- Please stick to the timetable given. We will not be able to go in and out of the school at times outside of those listed to source books.
- Each child’s books will be placed in a bag with their name on it.
- For reasons already explained we have decided not to send home the book rental books
- Bags will be left at collection points in alphabetical order so parents can collect the bags strictly one person at a time.
- If you have more than one child in the school, you can collect all of your children’s books from the youngest child’s teacher rather than come in and out of the school campus numerous times.
- If for some reason your child’s books are not available due to an unforeseen error, please let a member of staff know and we will try and sort it out. You can wait at a designated area until a staff member looks into things.
- For safety reasons, teachers will not be available for informal meetings of any kind. If you need to contact a teacher for a discussion please do so through the schools email address as usual.
- Staff will be there to move queues along and direct people to exits. Please respect the task they have to do, follow their instructions, keep a distance of 2 metres from them and engagement to a minimum.
- We ask that people do not socialise or gather in groups for discussions on campus. We need to keep things moving so everyone can collect books in as safe a manner as possible.
- Do not come to the school campus if you have any symptoms of Covid-19