Dear Parents / Guardians,
By now you will probably be aware of the fact that the Minister for Education has indicated his priority is for primary schools across Ireland to reopen at the end of August / start of September.
Following some initial guidance on this, the Department of Education are currently in the process of devising a range of procedures for schools to follow upon reopening and are hoping to provide schools with these by the end of June. Once we have received that advice we will be in a position to plan for children’s return and apply the measures required.
In the meantime, I know the children are engaging with the online content and Google Classroom in a great way and I would like to applaud them and you for your efforts through these very difficult months.
As we are now entering the last couple of weeks of the school year, I want inform you of the following:
- School Reports: reports will be available via the Aladdin App and you can view them now. If you have any queries please contact us through the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org. As mentioned previously, we will be unable to print physical reports (for those who need one) until the school reopens in September as the office is closed and undertaking planned remedial works and we cannot physically access it.
- School Calendar: The 2020 / 2021 proposed School Calendar is now available on our website. This is the calendar we would preferably like to use however, depending on Department advice around Covid19 this is unfortunately subject to change, if instructed. All going well, we plan to reopen on 26th August 2020.
- Resource / Booklists 2020 / 2021: As mentioned previously, the Board of Management is reducing the cost of the book lists by €20 per child for those who paid their resource money for this year. Those who haven’t paid this year’s resource money in full will not qualify for the reduction. Online payments and resource lists will be notified to parents in the coming days.
- Teacher allocation 2020 / 2021: at this time of the year the children are usually told who their teacher will be for next year. This usually happens with the current teacher telling the children in class, which for obvious reasons, won’t happen this year. Instead, the children’s class teacher will contact the children who their new teacher is in a message at the end of this week.
- New Junior Infants: a separate note will be sent to the parents of these children starting and it will outline the details for starting school.