Dear parents and guardians,
As you will recall, I contacted you earlier in the year rescheduling parent teacher meetings until later in the year because of restrictions on people entering the school building.
Unfortunately, not much has changed and it doesn’t look like there will be an opportunity to hold face to face meetings this year which is not ideal.
Instead and as advised by the DEpartment of Education, teachers will be arranging telephone calls with parents to discuss their child’s progress in school. As this is completely different from any other year, the telephone meetings will take the following format:
- Teachers will email you with a meeting date and an approximate time at least 5 days in advance of the meeting to give you time to prepare.
- The teacher will call you from a Dublin based number around the time specified but the number will not come up as the school’s regular phone number.
- The calls should only take a few minutes.
- Unfortunately, there is no facility to return a call if you miss it or leave a message but if you contact the teacher through the office email we can try and reschedule.
- Teachers will try and attempt to call on two seperate dates but if they can’t reach you and you still want to schedule a call you will need to email the school office and we will try to accommodate you in due course.
- Teachers are hoping to complete all calls by the Easter holidays. If you get a call from one of your other child’s teachers or you hear that a friend has received a call about their child and you haven’t, please do not worry as the teacher is probably just working through a list and will get to your call as soon as possible.
I know this is a big change from how we usually do things but we feel it is important to get to these before the next break to give everyone an opportunity to consider and advice or feedback given or received.