Dear parents and guardians,
Earlier this year the school decided to postpone Parent Teacher Meetings in the hope that we would be able to invite you into the school for face to face meetings.
Unfortunately, not much has changed and it doesn’t look like there will be an opportunity to hold face to face meetings this year which is not ideal.
Instead and as advised by the Department of Education, teachers will be arranging telephone calls with parents to discuss their child’s progress in school. The procedure for these phone calls remains the same as last year. As a reminder:
- Teachers will email you with a meeting date and an approximate time at least 5 days in advance of the meeting to give you time to prepare.
- The teacher will call you from a Dublin based number around the time specified but the number will not come up as the school’s regular phone number.
- The calls should only take a few minutes.
- Unfortunately, there is no facility to return a call if you miss it or leave a message but if you contact the teacher through the office email we can try and reschedule.
- Teachers will try and attempt to call on two seperate dates but if they can’t reach you and you still want to schedule a call you will need to email the school office and we will try to accommodate you in due course.
- Teachers are hoping to complete all calls by Friday 4th of February. If you get a call from one of your other child’s teachers or you hear that a friend has received a call about their child and you haven’t, please do not worry as the teacher is probably just working through a list and will get to your call as soon as possible.
If any of your contact details have changed (mobile number, address etc.), please contact the school office to update these details.
I know this is a big change from how we usually do things but we feel it is important to get to these before the next break to give everyone an opportunity to consider and advice or feedback given or received.